Teamwork and Collaboration
- Describe the characteristics of an effective team
- Appreciate the stages through which a team typical develops (Bruce Tuckman’s model)
- Form and manage a work group or team
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of the team, measured against work requirements
- Establish and agree on objectives for team development
- Encourage team involvement in the preparation and review of their own development plans.
Then this 53-slide scripted PowerPoint on Teamwork may be just what you need to hold an interactive session with a group of people on this topic.
This is a workshop to help individuals who want to start developing more effective teamwork between people. The workshop therefore primarily seeks to help people looking to collaborate more effectively. (Click here to see a sample of this Teamwork PowerPoint.)
Teamwork is an essential aspect of social existence. Whether we choose to be or not, we are members of many groups. We have to consider and co-operate with a wide variety of other people in the course of our daily lives. The social contracts we have with, for example, colleagues at work, family members and friends, are in some instances successful and pleasurable and in others not. This PowerPoint workshop therefore sets out to explain how and why this is so and to help you understand that there is much we can do to make these relationships more positive and productive. And having established the features of effective teams, it goes on to show how managers can take a proactive role in analyzing group development needs and implementing programs which will meet those needs.